Chevron Canada places the highest priority on the health and safety of our workforce and protection of our assets, communities and the environment. We are committed to continually improving our environmental performance and reducing the potential impacts of our operations through the implementation of our Operational Excellence Management System.
environmental stewardship in action
a very fishy pilot project
habitat enhancement project
going to new heights
We have four environmental principles that define how we develop energy in an environmentally responsible manner across the life of our assets.
- include the environment in decision making
We all make decisions that may affect the environment. From our everyday actions to our major capital investments, we make better decisions when we consider the environment.
- reduce our environmental footprint
We use our business processes to identify and manage risks to the environment and reduce potential environmental impacts throughout the life of our assets.
- operate responsibly
We apply our Tenets of Operation and improve reliability and process safety to prevent accidental releases.
- steward our sites
We work to decommission, remediate and reclaim operating and legacy sites with the aim of beneficial reuse.
inside the duvernay: responsible operations
From developing training to partnering with personnel, from well control to managing water, it all starts with a personal commitment to operational excellence.
our safety culture
We are committed to developing a workplace that is incident and injury free, by working together to send our employees and contractors home safe from work every day.
Safety is a fundamental core value that we will not compromise. There is nothing more important. We are building on our incident and injury-free journey through:
- Visible safety leadership across the business
- Working with our contractors to ensure alignment to deliver strong safety performance on our projects and activities
- Increased Operational Excellence (OE) through dedicated resources to high-priority OE processes including: Managing Safe Work; Risk Management; Contractor, Health, Environment and Safety Management; Compliance Assurance; and learning from any incidents that occur on our worksite
We also have a cross-business network to support consistent OE communication, feedback and behaviours.
We have developed a safety culture where you "Do it safely, or not at all" with a strong "Stop Work Authority," to support our underlying safety message: "There is always time to do it right."