supplier opportunities in Canada
warning: be aware of vendor fraud!
Please be vigilant when reviewing and responding to requests to quote. A wire scam is currently ongoing that falsely represents Chevron Canada.
- All email communications from Chevron Canada will originate from an official Chevron email account: @chevron.com or @gep.com. If you are unsure if an email is valid, please confirm the transaction by reaching out to your known and trustworthy Chevron contact by phone.
- Alternatively, you may be able to validate the legitimacy of an email by initiating a new email thread to a known and trusted Chevron contact or to firstname.lastname@example.org..
- If you are a victim of a fraudulent scam, you’re encouraged to report the incident to your local law enforcement. We also recommend reporting email scams to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre toll-free at 1-888-495-8501 or at http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/.
- For more information about current scams and how to protect yourself, visit the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website or the Competition Bureau of Canada and view The Little Black Book of Scams.
Investing in our suppliers and contractors helps foster local economic development and meet our business needs around the world.
Globally, Chevron has a commitment to including local suppliers in our supplier base. We achieve this through national and local supplier programs appropriate to each country and location.
Chevron Canada works hard to ensure that opportunities for local and Indigenous suppliers and contractors are realized.
commitment to working with local industry
With all our projects, we always consider — and where possible give preference to — the use of Canadian labour, services and materials when price, quality, delivery and service are equal to or better than other alternatives. Our approach fosters local economic growth, providing value to the business unit and the communities in which we operate through the utilization and development of local and Indigenous businesses.
We work constructively with Canadian industry to provide information and facilitate briefings as appropriate to ensure local suppliers and contractors are fully aware of potential opportunities within Chevron Canada.
When sourcing high-quality goods and services, we value companies with the following qualities:
- Excellent health, environment and safety record
- Cost efficiency
- Financial viability
- Competitive pricing
- Customer focus
- Innovative business solutions
- Local and Indigenous content