chevron Canada business partners
warning: be aware of vendor fraud!
Please be vigilant when reviewing and responding to requests to quote. A wire scam is currently ongoing that falsely represents Chevron Canada.
- All email communications from Chevron Canada will originate from an official Chevron email account: @chevron.com or @gep.com. If you are unsure if an email is valid, please confirm the transaction by reaching out to your known and trustworthy Chevron contact by phone.
- Alternatively, you may be able to validate the legitimacy of an email by initiating a new email thread to a known and trusted Chevron contact or to firstname.lastname@example.org..
- If you are a victim of a fraudulent scam, you’re encouraged to report the incident to your local law enforcement. We also recommend reporting email scams to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre toll-free at 1-888-495-8501 or at http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/.
- For more information about current scams and how to protect yourself, visit the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website or the Competition Bureau of Canada and view The Little Black Book of Scams.
SMART is coming
SMART Source to Pay, also known as SMART S2P, brings together end-to-end procurement functionality — from strategic sourcing, spend management and vendor management to savings tracking, accounts payable and more — for both direct and indirect spend in a single, unified platform.
frequently asked questions
Q. Shouldn’t PPE be directed to frontline healthcare workers instead of industry? By sourcing PPE, are we making PPE less available to frontline workers?
Q. HES-P95 masks are rated higher than N95 and do not require fit testing. Does this comply with Chevron’s standards?
Q. Many of our clients have accepted a cloth re-useable mask that covers the nose and mouth. Is this type of mask acceptable?
Q. Due to the scarcity of the required PPE (N95 or RN95 masks), we may not be able to procure necessary supplies to visit site. Will Chevron assist in sourcing adequate supplies?
Q. Is it safe to assume these processes apply to carriers/truck drivers bringing completion materials, such as sand, to Chevron locations?
Q. I want to confirm that this would pertain to us at Bluewave Energy (Parkland) as we are filling propane tanks, sometimes unmanned operational sites. Or is this more geared towards your upstream operations?
Q. When we are onsite delivering fuel, it is predominantly a solo task. What type of mask would be expected for this type of service?
Q. Is close contact consistent with 2M physical distancing? Is KN95 OK to use when not within 2m physical distance?
Q. Many of our clients have accepted a cloth reusable mask that covers the nose and mouth. Is this type of mask acceptable at a field location?
- COVID-19 Field Testing of Symptomatic Workers (October 5, 2020)
- COVID-19 Pre-Site Health Screening (April 29, 2020)
- Chevron guidance for all Contractors in BC and AB on workers return to work (April 7, 2020)
- Travel Guidelines for COVID-19 (March 27, 2020)
- 811 Health Link
- COVID-19 self assesment
- Alberta Government - Information for Albertans
- Alberta Health Services
- ABTraceTogether - Contact Tracing App
British Columbia Government
Newfoundland and Labrador Government